Punarjeevan is a not for profit organization rendering health care services to the rural population past 15 years and duly registered in 1998 under society registration act vide registration number 195/98-99. It was founded by devoted philanthropist, dedicated Social Workers, Intellectuals, Educationist, and Medical Consultants with a sole objective of sustainable health of rural and neglected population. The objective is to create a sustainable social and economic status and dignity of rural poor and deprived people in the society particularly tribal poor with a particular emphasis on women, children and aged who are neglected and distressed. The organization educates the poor and marginalized people to undertake the responsibilities of socio-economic development by themselves.
Punarjeevan runs its health care services at R.A. Hospital and Research Centre, Warisaliganj (Nawada) Bihar catering to the need of surrounding rural population. Below is the list of work delivered under its 17 years of service:
- Treated and cured more than 4 lakhs patients.
- Published more than 200 original research papers in various national and international medical journals.
- Presented scientific paper at 50 national and international medical conferences.
- Modified therapeutic modalities of various diseases i.e. - Diarrhea, Poliomyelitis, Tropical eosinophilia, Epilepsy, Leucoderma, Collitis, Helminthiasis.
- Organized more than 100 medical diagnostic and therapeutic camps in various part of the state and country (Jharkhand and Maharashtra).
- Started and continuing medical education program for the village medical practitioner to facilitate better rural health care and act as per National rural health mission.
- It is also running an awareness drive under the name PINK CHAIN CAMPAIGN.